April 2012

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Denise had a rough go of it last night and this morning...really ironic since the day before was one of the best. I guess it just shows how the body reacts to medicine. Denise is so strong though...an amazing mother and so determined to keep those babies in for just under 3 more weeks.

My mom, Denise's mom, and I went on a tour this afternoon of the NICU. It was a really great experience...nothing like I imagined. I guess it goes to the point that those television medical shows do not really live up to the real deal. I expected a real hussle and bussle and lots of sad and depressing scenes...but it was really calm and peaceful...much more privacy and intimacy than I expected. It was a really pleasant experience...and I am so at peace with where the triplets will be going. I saw two real extremes on the floor...a set of twins born at 29 weeks who weighed in at under 2 lbs a piece. Then in another pod, there was a set of triplets born at around 32 weeks who were 4 lbs or more each. All of these babies were resting peacefully.

Jackson went up this evening to give his Mommy some TLC. It really brightened her day. Denise really appreciates all of the phones calls, e-mails, texts, and visitors. We really could not ask for a better support team or caring friends. Thank you is not sufficient enough to express our feeling of gratitude.

We are so overwhelmed and humbled by the prayers and well-wishes. I am confident all will work out as it should be!

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say i love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you have created this blog. It is such a great way for us to get updates. Denise, you are impressive! Even in the blogs I can tell you are maintaining a positive attitude. You and Marvin are wonderful parents. These triplets, and Jackson, are so lucky. Keep up the good work! love, Betsy

    ReplyDelete