Marvin and I spent the afternoon with our bundles of joy!!! They continue to improve on their feeding. Thanks to his daddy, Cooper finished an entire bottle today, which is pretty exciting. However, when it was time for the next feeding he was completely exhausted. They have orders from Dr. Brown to take one bottle twice a day and the remaining feedings are given through their feeding tubes, so that they do not get so tuckered out. They continue to gain their weight...Carter weighs 3 pounds 13 oz, Chloe 4 pounds, and Cooper 4 pounds 10 oz. They were moved to pod 4 last night as they were having problems monitoring all three of them in pod 5 (still a level 2 nursery) - something about the computer problems they were having with all three monitors in one room. I already miss pod 5 because we had great nurses and they didn't come with them. I have put in special requests to get those nurses back. I am trying very hard not to be a nurse and to be there mother...but it gets frustrating when you know it can be done a different way, and sometimes a better way!?! I am just thankful that they remain in a great hospital under great care.
The occupational therapist donated fall hats to the triplets, her mother actually knitted them for the babies. Carter and Cooper look so cute in their fall hats, and their sister is sporting the pumpkin hat - so cute!!! Enjoy!
Denise
I did not know they had been moved. I hope they continue to grow strong and healthy. Does the therapist do anything for them yet?
ReplyDeleteHi Snyder family!! Sorry I'm late to the "party". Congratulations! I'm so excited that they don't have any O2 requirements. (At least I don't think I see any cannulas on them--maybe Cooper has one?) They're really doing great taking some bottles...they're not even 33 weeks yet, right? Cooper, Chloe, and Carter are absolutely perfect. I'm glad the NICU staff are treating y'all well. And if they're not, tell 'em Melissa Bock will be coming back down there to straighten 'em out! I hope Jackson is feeling better. What a gorgeous family you have. :D
ReplyDeleteMelissa
So cute, I love them alreaady.
ReplyDelete