April 2012

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What a wonderful and joyous time we had in the NICU last night. We were each able to kangaroo our boys for an hour. Marvin held Carter and I held Cooper. It was absolutely amazing, and I did not realize the void I was having not being able to hold my child for 5 days. The other great news is I returned today and I was able to hold Chloe for an hour as well. All I can say is she is our little princess. She loved being held, but when she was done, she let everyone know she was done.

Dr. Brown the neonatologist updated me today on their progress and we are pleased to report that all three of them have lowered their oxygen and are tolerating it great!!! Chloe and Carter should be able to avoid the bili light as their levels continue to decrease. Everyone is doing great on their feeding and tolerating it well. The plan is if they continue to do well tomorrow they will move the three of them together to co-sleep. Tomorrow they are scheduled to have ultrasounds of their heads to rule out any brain bleeds, they are not too concerned of this, but this is a great hurdle they must overcome and I will report the results tomorrow.

We hope you enjoy the photos from our joyous moments of holding our little ones!!!

Love,
Marvin, Denise, Jackson, Carter, Chloe, and Cooper :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment