April 2012

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

The triplets are one week old today!!! Time just flies by....we are happy to report they continue to do great. They have all been downgraded to a level 2 nursery and moved pods within the NICU. The new pod they are staying in is much quieter and it's nicknamed for the "growers and feeders". The goal is for them to get their weight to 4 pounds or more and improve their eating, as they continue to eat through a feeding tube. The great news is all three of them are off their oxygen and no one has IV's anymore....Hooray!!!

We met with Dr. Brown, the neonatologist this morning and received their brain ultrasound results. Carter and Chloe had normal brain ultrasounds. Cooper had a small abnormality, they listed it as tiny grade 1 internal head bleed. Dr. Brown reported a grade one is not associated with any neurological deficits in the future, which is great news. They will repeat his brain ultrasound before going home to evaluate for it's resolution. Tomorrow they are planning on moving all three to a giant crib so they can begin to co-sleep once again. They move their arms and legs all over the place and I think it's because they are trying to find each other.

Marvin and I were able to hold the boys today, and then Marvin held his little princess for the first time. I have a feeling she is going to have him wrapped around his finger:-) The plan will be for them to stay another 3-5 weeks as their weight is not much of a concern as them learning how to suck and feed correctly. We will continue to update you with any changes....but we are so happy and thankful that they are doing so well.

Denise

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that everything is going so well. I can't wait to see them, touch them, and smell them. Theyare truly a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deniiise!!!
    We are very happy here in Brazil for you and your beautiful family. I just found out about this blog and i will kepp updated about the triplets and little Marvin. Thank you, Marvin and Denise, for sharing all the news with us.
    Miss you little cousin.
    beijos, alice.

    ReplyDelete