April 2012

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well today was the day...we are proud to announce the Snyder triplets entered the world today at 4:25pm.

Let's just say the stars were aligned. I spent the day with Denise today...we watched The Proposal...which is quite funny and entertaining. It was a great afternoon of laughter and spending alone time with each other. At about 2pm or so I went down to the cafeteria to get us some lunch...when I returned Denise was having some pelvic pressure and phoned her nurse. Cindy phoned the rounding doctor for OB & GYN Specialists. He came in the room around 3:30pm and check Denise and found her to be 5 cm dilated. His words were "Its time to get these babies out today...you did a great job Mom!"

Needless to say, I felt a bit overwhelmed but remained strong for Denise. It all was happening so fast. I was never araid though and wanted Denise to know how proud I was of her. We went down to the delivery room for the C-section and were delighted to hear our OB Dr. Wilstrup was going to deliver with an assist from Dr. Logan. Denise and I were both at ease. The hardest part for me was sitting alone and waiting to go into the OR while Denise was being prepped. I sat quietly and prayed the Hail Mary and Our Father. So many people were going in and out...there must have been over 20 people in there.

At 4:25 they delivered Carter Fischer...weighing in at 3 lb 10 oz and 16 in ling...then at 4:26 Chloe Piquet came along at 4 lb and 16.5 in...and finally Cooper Lewis at 4:26 at 4 lb 4 oz and 17 in long. As you can see from the photos, Mommy was able to hold the babies. While Dr. Wilstrup finished up, I went up to the NICU to be with the babies.

We had Jackson come down after school and dinner to see his Mommy. Special thanks to Aunt Monica and Jessica...you were life savers. Seeing Jackson just lights up Denise while in the hospital. We also had visitors from Denise's parents and then our good friends the Setsmas. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends...and thanks for all of the text messages and phone calls...sorry for not answering them all..but I am sure you can understand.

I am home with Jackson tonight...again we are trying to keep him on a schedule. Denise will probably come home on Saturday or Sunday. The babies are all doing well. Chloe is the strongest right now with the best breathing and lung development. Carter and Cooper show signs of prematurity but are doing great. All of the babies are on oxygen and have IV bags. They are resting comfortably...and are really big for being 30 weeks and 5 days.

As I said before, today was the day...and it was an amazing and awe inspiring day. We are so blessed and thankful.

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATS!!!! I love you guys so much! I wish that i was there to be with you guys! You have my heart! They are beautiful!!!! Greeat job Denise! I am so proud of you! I cant wait to see more pictures and talk to you more and more. LOVE YOU MORE THAN WORDS CAN DESCRIBE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dears: From Rio de Janeiro I send for all of you my best wishes. God bless you, and congratulations Denise for you PERFORMANCE! You are great! Kisses and love. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! This is wonderful news! You now have your own clan like us! Having 4 children is a real blessing... but get some rest when you can! We look forward to meeting the triplets when we are next over. Our love & best wishes to you all. Linda, John, Tim , Mark, Rebecca & Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Congrats, Congrats!!! WoW!!! Those are great weights for 30 wks. Hope to meet them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the safe arrival of your trio. Great weights and I bet you are all relieved today. Thinking of your entire family today -- all 6 of you!
    Kate (Wendy's friend with triplets)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These babies look so strong, big, and healthy. Huge credit to Mum, Dad, and God...I will continue praying for all. I am thrilled to see these blessed additions and grateful things went so beautifully. I love Jackson's painting at home. Will have to hear the story on this. Our neighborhood will never be the same with all the additions on your side of the street...I'm afraid to drink the water over there. God Bless all will be thrilled for Mum coming home this weekend and look forward to Chloe, Cooper, and Carter's homecoming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We all are thinking about you and praying for the family. We are so excited to have the three new additions to the Snyder family. Thad says congrats!! The kids are excited to have new cousins. Tell Jackson I said hello Pokanita, I love you all so much.

    Love You,
    Keep updating with many pictures so we can see you all. Wish we were there.

    ReplyDelete