April 2012

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chloe's special day!

Well, today was the day for Chloe's much anticipated surgery. Marvin, Chloe, and I made the very early morning trip to Florida Hospital South. Chloe was bright eyed and all smiles from 5-7 am and then slept until they took her into surgery at 7:20. She was done in about an hour and I was able to go hold her in the PACU. It was quite comical to see how goofy she was acting because of the morphine she received. She was still pretty groggy when we went home and it took her most of the afternoon to get back to her usual self. Her left cheek repair involved 3 layers of stitching and because the wound aligned so nicely, Dr. Steig did not have to put an outside layer over her wound and used steri strips (which I feel will be easier to control her and her brothers from messing with the wound).

We just wanted to send a special thanks to Oma for taking care of our babies the past 2 weeks for us while Vovo was in Brazil. Vovo has returned and it's her birthday today - she's 63!!! Thanks for helping us on a regular basis but especially today, we definitely needed it! I will update the blog later with pictures, but we're pretty tired, so just planning on going to bed! Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers, we truly appreciate it!

Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment